HOLME LOW PARISH COUNCIL
Parish Clerk: Wendy Jameson FMAAT,
5 Burnswark Terrace, Solway Street, Silloth, Cumbria, CA7 4EF
Tel: 016973 31128 Mob: 0777 5686857 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
30 June 2020
Please note: due to the current Covid-19 Coronavirus situation, the Parish Council will meet virtually via Zoom (https://zoom.us/) Meeting ID: 958 0769 6904 as permitted in The Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020 (“the 2020 Regulations”
Councillors: You are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of the Parish Council to be held online at https://zoom.us/j/95807696904 on Tuesday 7 July 2020 at 7.30 pm, for the purpose of transacting the following business.
Members of the Public: Informal public participation will be held from approx. 8:00 pm. Members of the public wishing to address the Council during the public participation section must send their request to the Parish Clerk prior to the meeting.
To receive and record with a reason, any apologies for absence.
2. Virtual Meeting Procedure
To consider the adoption of the Virtual Meeting Procedure.
3. Declarations of Interest
To receive declarations of members’ interests in respect of items on this agenda.
4. Exclusion of Press & Public
To consider whether any items on the Agenda should be considered without the presence of the press and public, on the grounds of confidentiality, pursuant to the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960 Section 1(2).
To consider any applications received for the vacancy on the Parish Council.
To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 14 January 2020, as a true record.
7. Matters Arising
To consider any matters arising from the minutes of the last meeting.
8. Public Participation
Members of the public are invited to speak for a maximum of 3 minutes each. The maximum total time for public participation will be 15 minutes. At the close of this item, members of the public will no longer be permitted to address the Council Members unless invited to do so by the Chairman.
9. Financial Report
To receive an up-to-date financial report
10. Requests for financial assistance
To consider any requests for financial assistance.
11. Payment of Accounts
To authorise the payment of Accounts.
To approve the Accounts for the Year Ended 31 March 2020.
13. Annual Governance and Accountability Return 2019/20 Part 2:
To authorize the Chairman to sign the Certificate of Exemption, Annual Governance Statement 2019/20 & Accounting Statements 2019/20, for forwarding to the external Auditor.
To receive the schedule of correspondence, notices and publications received since the last meeting and to note items marked as ‘For Action’ requiring action to be taken.
Publications and magazines etc
1. Allerdale Area Support – Allerdale Newsletter Issue 7 & Allerdale Directory of Community Support Issue 5.
2. Action for Health Network & Mental Health Provider Forum Bulletin – 7 May 2020.
3. Allerdale Area Support – Allerdale Newsletter Issue 8 & Allerdale Directory of Community Support Issue 6.
4. Allerdale Area Support – Allerdale Newsletter Issue 9 & Allerdale Directory of Community Support Issue 7.
5. Action for Health Network & Mental Health Provider Forum Bulletin – 7 May 2020.
6. Cumbria Arts & Culture Network: Covid19 Newsletter.
7. Allerdale Area Support – Allerdale Newsletter Issue 10.
8. Cumbria Arts & Culture Network: Covid19 Newsletter.
9. Allerdale Area Support – 11th edition of the Allerdale & Copeland Newsletter.
10. Cumbria Arts & Culture Network: Covid-19 Newsletter.
11. Action for Health and Mental Health Provider Forum Bulletin –
12. Allerdale Area Support – 12th edition of the Allerdale & Copeland Newsletter.
13. Cumbria Arts & Culture Network: Covid-19 Newsletter -11 June 2020.
14. Coronavirus (Covid-19) Update – Newsletter for Allerdale & Copeland Area – Issue 13.
15. Action for Health & Mental Health Forum Bulletin – 15 June 2020.
16. Cumbria Arts & Culture Network: COVID-19 Newsletter – 16 June 2020.
17. Cumbria Arts & Culture Network: COVID-19 Newsletter – 24th June 2020.
18. Action for Health & Mental Health Forum Bulletin – 24 June 2020.
19. Alzheimers Society leaflet.
20. Cumbria CVS – Covid19 update.
21. Allerdale Area Support – Questionnaire for community groups – co-ordination of response.
22. Allerdale Area Support – Mental Health Well Being Intervention and Trading Standards Scam posters.
23. Cumbria CVS – Email seeking information about community reaction to travel to exercise advice.
24. Allerdale Area Support – Summary of UK Government’s Covid-19 Recovery Strategy.
25. Allerdale Area Support – Advice on distribution of leaflets and packages.
26. CALC – News Release from Cumbria Local Resilience Forum – Public urged not to visit the Lake District.
27. CALC – Revised LTN 31 Local Council General Powers. S137 figure has also been updated.
28. CALC – Guidance on returning to work after lockdown and slides from a webinar by NALC.
29. CALC – Updated NALC guidance on holding remote meetings.
30. CALC – Press Release issued by Cumbria LRF partners – Respect campaign update.
31. CALC – Invite to an informal chat hosted by CALC on Monday 1 June at 2pm to discuss the positives and pitfalls of hosting meetings virtually.
32. CALC – Every Monday (excluding Bank Holidays) for the next few weeks, Climate Emergency UK are hosting webinars to create action plans to address and adapt to the climate and ecological emergencies with the emergency they demand.
33. NALC – Coronavirus – information for parish and town councils.
34. CALC – Press release from Cumbria LRF and Respect campaign update.
35. Stagecoach Standard Timetable due to resume from 1 June (Allerdale).
36. CALC – Re: continued use of delegated powers. Councils should be starting to make arrangements to hold meetings remotely in light of the continued restrictions on social gatherings.
37. CALC – Footway Lights – Email with a copy of the guidance received from NALC and outcome of a meeting with the Borough Council in relation to the transfer of costs for footway lighting to parish councils.
38. Letter of thanks from Stewart Young, Leader of CCC to Parish Councils for all that parish councils have done to support their residents and communities during Covid-19.
39. CALC – Updated NALC legal guidance on procurement.
40. CALC – New guide from NALC on risk assessments relating to Covid-19 for town and parish councils.
41. Cumbria Police – Current PCSO Changes.
42. Allerdale Borough Council – Confirmation from Electoral Services that an election has not been called to fill the vacancy and the Parish Council can now co-opt to fill the vacancy.
43. CCC – Information about the recommencement of on and off-street parking enforcement.
44. CALC – Coronavirus and other updates from CALC.
45. CALC – NALC Legal Topic note (LTN8 – Elections & Co-option) have been updated.
46. CALC – Information about an Electric Vehicle charge point Webinar to be held on 30 June 2020 at 4pm.
47. CALC – Information about the Digital Borderlands Voucher Scheme which goes live for applications on 26 June 2020.
48. CALC – Footway Lights – Update following a second meeting with Allerdale Borough Council.
49. Allerdale Borough Council – Footway Lighting – Breakdown of the lights and costs of footway lighting in Silloth.
50. CALC – Email urging Town & Parish Councils to respond to the new Code of Conduct Consultation which will see an updated national model code of conduct for all tiers of local government and the recommendation for a new power for local authorities to suspend councillors for a period of up to six months. Deadline 17 August 2020.
15. Planning Applications
16. Reports from Representatives on Outside Bodies
17. Allerdale & County Council Reports
To receive a report from the Allerdale & County Councillors.
18. Causewayhead Cemetery Building
To receive an update.
19. To receive and consider reports from Councillors.
20. Chairman’s Announcements
21. Date of next meeting Parish Council meeting
Tuesday 13 October 2020 at 7.30pm.